A watch is often seen not only as a fashion accessory, but also as a static symbol. Especially high-quality brand watches in the higher price segment also need a special handling, so that as long as something of it has. With careful handling and proper care, you will definitely have a long time from his watch.
We have summarized the most important care instructions:
- Dials are sun-sensitive and should not be exposed to direct sunlight.
- Stainless steel case and bracelets should be regularly cleaned with a soft cotton cloth.
- To avoid damage to the watch, watch cases should only be opened by a specialist.This also includes the battery change, which should not be carried out by laymen.
- It is not recommended to wear stainless steel bracelets with silver bracelets on the same wrist, as the friction creates unsightly scratches.
- It is recommended that the crown is always pressed in or screwed tightly in the case of a screw crown.
- If condensation is detected under the dial, a walk to the specialist store is installed, as the moisture can cause a lot of damage inside the watch.
- For mechanical watches it is recommended to carry out general overhaul every 5 years in order to keep the movement running smoothly.
- Since the watertightness of a watch does not exist forever, it should be regularly inspected and wear parts replaced if necessary.
- Watches which are not worn regularly should be stored as dust-free and dry as possible, and should not be subjected to unnecessary temperature fluctuations.
- A watch should never be worn 24 hours a day, but should be placed at night, as the body tends to become more perspired, which can lead to chemical reactions with the case or bracelet.
If these tips are taken into account, you can adjust yourself to a long life with the beloved wristwatch and will not regret the investment.