Clearfield, Utah is a city in Davis County with a population of about 30,000 people. The city is located in the northern part of the Wasatch Front region and is situated at the base of the Wasatch Mountain Range. It has a semi-arid climate with hot summers and cold winters. Check ehangzhou for best time to travel to Utah.
The history of Clearfield dates back to 1867 when it was established as a farming community. Its population grew slowly over time, reaching 4,000 people by 1960. In recent years, however, it has seen an influx of new residents due to its close proximity to Hill Air Force Base and other military facilities. This has caused a rapid growth in population, reaching 30,000 today.
Politically speaking, Clearfield is part of the Republican stronghold in Utah and has long been a conservative-leaning city. However, there is also an active Democratic Party presence in the area as well as several independent organizations that advocate for local issues such as taxation and education reform.
Clearfield’s economy is largely based on agriculture and manufacturing industries such as food processing plants and automotive parts suppliers. It also serves as an important transportation hub for freight traffic on I-15 between Salt Lake City and Ogden.
Education in Clearfield is provided by Davis School District which includes six elementary schools, two middle schools, one high school, one alternative high school and two charter schools. There are also several private schools available for those who wish to pursue advanced education options outside of public school offerings.
The most notable landmark in Clearfield is Hill Aerospace Museum which houses artifacts from World War II through current day military aircrafts along with displays on aviation history and technology development over time. Other attractions include various parks such as Settlers Park featuring walking trails along with picnic areas; Layton Hills Mall which offers many shopping options; Antelope Island State Park; Great Salt Lake; Farmington Bay Wildlife Management Area; Bonneville Speedway; Lagoon Amusement Park; Hogle Zoo; Utah State Fairpark; Layton Commons Park; and many more recreational opportunities for visitors to enjoy!
Population: 25,974. Estimated population in July 2020: 27,413 (+5.5% change)
Males: 13,178 (50.7%), Females: 12,796 (49.3%)
Zip codes: 84015.
Median resident age: 24.0 years
Median household income: $38,946
Median house value: $114,500
Races in Clearfield:
- White Non-Hispanic (79.0%)
- Hispanic (10.6%)
- Other race (4.8%)
- Two or more races (3.7%)
- Black (3.6%)
- American Indian (2.4%)
- Filipino (0.9%)
- Other Asian (0.9%)
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
Ancestries: English (22.3%), German (12.9%), Irish (7.9%), United States (7.5%), Danish (3.5%), Italian (3.0%).
Elevation: 4487 feet
Land area: 7.7 square miles
Neah Clearfield, Utah is a small town located in the north-central region of the state. The population of Neah Clearfield is around 25,500 people and is spread across an area of about 2.6 square miles. The median household income for Neah Clearfield is around $50,000 per year, which is slightly lower than the national average. The cost of living in Neah Clearfield is generally considered to be lower than many other parts of Utah. Housing costs are relatively low compared to most other cities in the state, with the average home value being just over $200,000. Grocery costs are also lower than most other places in Utah, with a gallon of milk costing around $2.50 and a loaf of bread costing about $3.00. Utilities such as gas and electricity are also less expensive than most other cities in Utah; the average monthly bill for electricity comes to around $115 per month.
For population 25 years and over in Clearfield
- High school or higher: 86.6%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 14.8%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.0%
- Unemployed: 8.4%
- Mean travel time to work: 20.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Clearfield city
- Never married: 24.0%
- Now married: 60.0%
- Separated: 2.1%
- Widowed: 2.8%
- Divorced: 11.0%
5.1% Foreign born (2.1% Latin America, 2.0% Asia, 0.6% Europe).
Population change in the 1990s: +4,443 (+20.6%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Clearfield:
- DAVIS HOSPITAL AND MEDICAL CENTER (about 5 miles; LAYTON, UT)
- OGDEN REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 6 miles; OGDEN, UT)
- MCKAY-DEE HOSPITAL CENTER (about 8 miles; OGDEN, UT)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Clearfield:
- HILL AFB (about 5 miles; OGDEN, UT; Abbreviation: HIF)
- OGDEN-HINCKLEY (about 6 miles; OGDEN, UT; Abbreviation: OGD)
- SALT LAKE CITY INTL (about 23 miles; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Abbreviation: SLC)
Other public-use airports nearest to Clearfield:
- SKYPARK (about 19 miles; BOUNTIFUL, UT; Abbreviation: BTF)
- MORGAN COUNTY (about 20 miles; MORGAN, UT; Abbreviation: 42U)
- BRIGHAM CITY (about 31 miles; BRIGHAM CITY, UT; Abbreviation: BMC)
Colleges and Universities
College/University in Clearfield:
- CERTIFIED CAREERS INSTITUTE (Full-time enrollment: 96; Location: 775 S 2000 E; Private, for-profit; Website: www.cciutah.edu)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Clearfield:
- WEBER STATE UNIVERSITY (about 9 miles; OGDEN, UT; Full-time enrollment: 12,112)
- UNIVERSITY OF UTAH (about 27 miles; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Full-time enrollment: 19,866)
- SALT LAKE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 32 miles; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Full-time enrollment: 11,896)
- UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX-UTAH CAMPUS (about 32 miles; SALT LAKE CITY, UT; Full-time enrollment: 2,021)
- UTAH STATE UNIVERSITY (about 38 miles; LOGAN, UT; Full-time enrollment: 16,384)
- BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY (about 56 miles; PROVO, UT; Full-time enrollment: 29,977)
- UTAH VALLEY STATE COLLEGE (about 61 miles; OREM, UT; Full-time enrollment: 14,182)
Public high schools in Clearfield:
- CLEARFIELD HIGH (Students: 2,005; Location: 931 S FALCON DR (1000 E); Grades: 10 – 12)
- 3-6 PROG (CLRFLD HIGH) (Students: 142; Location: 938 S 1000 E; Grades: 10 – 12)
- CLEARFIELD JOB CORPS (Students: 64; Location: 20 W 1700 S; Grades: 10 – 12)
- ARROW ACAD (YIC) (Students: 16; Location: 430 E 450 S; Grades: 08 – 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Clearfield:
- NORTH DAVIS JR HIGH (Students: 945; Location: 835 S STATE; Grades: 07 – 09)
- ANTELOPE ELEM SCH (Students: 800; Location: 1810 S MAIN; Grades: PK – 06)
- HOLT ELEM SCH (Students: 713; Location: 448 N 1000 W; Grades: PK – 06)
- HILL FIELD ELEM SCH (Students: 610; Location: 389 S 1000 E; Grades: PK – 06)
- SOUTH CLEARFIELD ELEM SCH (Students: 578; Location: 990 E 700 S; Grades: PK – 06)
- WASATCH ELEM SCH (Students: 379; Location: 270 E CENTER; Grades: PK – 06)
Private primary/middle school in Clearfield:
- SCHOOL OF ST PETER (Students: 66; Location: 564 S 800 E; Grades: PK – 6)