Peru Entry Requirements

By | October 13, 2021

is generally required to enter Peru. The passport (or the temporary passport) must be valid for at least 6 months upon entry. In addition, when entering by plane, onward or return tickets are required, or it should be credibly proven how the country will be left again (e.g. onward journey to a neighboring country). Visit printerhall for Peru Unknown North.

For exclusively tourist trips in Peru, citizens of EU countries and Switzerland do not need to apply for a visa, this is issued on entry with the Tarjeta Andina de Migración (an entry card). You can stay up to 183 days visa-free in Peru for tourism purposes and to visit family or friends. This period cannot be extended.

Make sure that the Peruvian officials enter the planned length of stay correctly in the passport or on the immigration slip (with a stamp). In the past it happened that only a stay of 30 days was entered. If the registered length of stay is exceeded or the entry card is lost, considerable problems and a fine can be expected when leaving the country.

Anyone who travels to Peru for business purposes, especially when it comes to signing contracts or agreements and when financial transactions are to be carried out, in any case, regardless of their nationality, needs a business visa that allows multiple entries and exits. The business visa allows entry into Peru within a period of 12 months from the date of issue and has a maximum validity of 183 days from entry into Peru, which cannot be extended. In addition, business travelers in Peru must be in the first 15 days ofStay in Peru to the tax authorities (Superintendencia Nacional de Contribuciones).

Transit :
visitors requiring a visa who do not leave the transit area via reserved spaceson the plane and have the necessary onward travel documents and fly on within 24 hours, do not require a transit visa.


Business visa : Completed visa application – valid passport – passport photo – a letter from the business traveler’s employer stating the purpose of the trip, which Peruvian companies are being contacted, etc. If the business traveler is an independent entrepreneur, proof of the existence of the IHK should be provided to be presented to the company – copy of the return ticket – visa fee

Work visa(can only be issued with the approval of the immigration authorities): Completed visa application – valid passport – a passport photo – notarized or confirmed by the immigration authorities in Peru copy of the service contract between the employer and the employee or the legal person who is the recipient in Peru the service has been completed – letter of posting issued by the company and certified by the competent Peruvian consulate and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Peru. The letter must contain the name of the worker who will be posted to Peru and the information from when to when he will be working in Peru. If the letter was not written in Spanish,

Student visa : Completed visa application – valid passport – a passport photo – the confirmation from the Peruvian educational institution about the admission of the student or, in the case of interns, the internship contract with the Peruvian company or the Peruvian institution – the certificate of enrollment from the German educational institution (also required for interns) – copy of return ticket – visa fee

Student visas are issued for a period of 90 days and can be extended for up to one year at the Immigration Service of the Ministry of Interior in Peru before this period expires.

Visa fees (valid for Germany):

Tourist and business visa (for travelers who require a visa): 27.00 euros

Work visa: 22.50 euros

Student visa: 13.50 euros

At the consular missions of Peru (see important addresses in Peru). This must be done through direct contact with the applicant; visa brokers are not permitted. Applications by post are rarely accepted. An appointment must be made in advance for the personal introduction. It is advisable to coordinate the documents to be submitted at the same time. Note the responsibilities of the individual consulates.

Processing time:

usually between 3 and 7 days

Entry with children :
Every child needs their own travel document. The same visa requirements apply to accompanying children as to their parents.

Germany: We recommend having your own passport. The German child ID card (with photo) should also be accepted up to the age of 16. Child ID cards are no longer issued in Germany, existing child ID cards remain valid until the expiry date.

Austria: Children need their own passport

Switzerland : Children need their own passport.

If minors who (also) have the citizenship of Peru or are resident in Peru are not accompanied by both custodial parents when they leave Peru, they need a notarized or consular certified declaration of consent from the custodian who is not traveling with them.

Adequate Funds:
Foreign visitors must have sufficient funds to travel to Peru.


You can find detailed information on recommended and required vaccinations for traveling in Peru in the chapter Peru – Health and Diseases.

Entry with pets:
When cats and dogs are imported into Peru, an international vaccination certificate from the official veterinarian is required. This vaccination certificate must contain information about the owner and the identity of the animal. In addition, a rabies vaccination that is at least 30 days old must be documented in the vaccination card. The vaccination card must be authenticated by the official veterinarian, the superordinate agency (in Berlin: registry office Berlin I) and the responsible consulate in Peru. It is recommended that the official veterinarian issue a certificate that the animal to be imported is free from diseases. This certificate must be authenticated by the same offices as the vaccination card. Peru does not require quarantine when importing dogs and cats.

A certificate is currently required for the importation of cats to Peru, which shows that the animal was not fed beef.

Peru Entry Requirements